Wasatch Infusion is open for business and committed to the health and wellbeing of our patients. COVID-19 has prompted us to implement screening and sanitation procedures that are in the best interest of our staff and patients, especially those who are immunodeficient.
Being a healthcare organization puts us in a unique position to help those at risk of their current disease state and limit the exposure to COVID–19. New and existing patients will be asked exposure and symptom questions before scheduling or receiving their infusion. Depending on the results of their screening, patients may be asked to reschedule their appointment, or may be able to proceed with their infusion therapy in our private and sterile infusion rooms.
Wasatch Infusion urges all patients who may have been exposed to, or are showing signs of COVID-19 to contact their physician or the Utah Health Department immediately and to not enter our facility. Within our facilities in Murray and Tooele we have begun a hypervigilant regimen of cleaning and sanitization in all of our patient rooms and lobby areas.
At this time, we are asking all patients to answer the following exposure and symptom screening questions prior to every appointment or infusion:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID–19 (CORONAVIRUS)
- Fever, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath
- Have you traveled inside or outside the country in the past 14 days?
- Have you had close contact with someone with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
In addition, we are increasing our safety recommendations for all patients, employees and visitors:
- Practice proper hygiene, including frequent hand washing and sanitizing
- Wearing a surgical mask to avoid exposure where appropriate
- Keeping appropriate social distances (6-10 feet if possible)
- Avoid bringing children or additional guests into our facility for appointments
For more information visit the CDC or Utah Health Department websites or call the Salt Lake Health Department at 385-468-4100.
As always, our expertly trained clinicians and intake professionals are here to assist if you have any questions about your infusion therapy needs.
Thank you for trusting us with your health!