We had our first ever Condition Discussion at our Corporate Training Facility in Murray. It was an insightful discussion on possible approaches to Gout treatment.
Some highlights of the discussion included:
- Explanation of how the continued under treatment of gout suggests the need for a shift in the treatment paradigm
- Description of the role of aggregated neutrophil extracellular traps (aggNETs) in tophus formation and how they resolve pain while allowing bone damage to progress.
- Discussion of the clinical impact of both visible and nonvisible urate burden.
- Review of the efficacy of KRYSTEXXA® (pegloticase) for the treatment of uncontrolled gout through the reduction of urate burden.
- Discuss the safety profile from the perspective of pivotal clinical trials to clinical practice.
At Wasatch Infusion, we are continually educating our staff, partners and physicians on the most up to date treatments available for a wide variety of conditions that we treat. This allows us all to provide the best treatments available to our patients – which is our ultimate goal.